Maynard practices primarily in the areas of land use, zoning, land development and commercial real estate.
He assists clients in obtaining comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings and special use permits, representing them before local governmental agencies and governing bodies. He also represents clients before Architectural Review Boards and Boards of Zoning Appeals. Maynard has worked on a variety of projects securing zoning approvals for a power plant, convenience stores, pharmacy stores and cellular wireless sites as well as securing approval of commercial and residential subdivisions and site plans. His practice covers a large geographical area as he is familiar with numerous localities throughout central Virginia, Northern Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley.
- LeClairRyan, Charlottesville, Virginia 2007-2012
- Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, Manassas, Virginia 2002- 2007
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, JD 2002,served as Editor-in-Chief of the Environmental Law Digest.
- University of Virginia, Bachelors of City Planning, 1990
- Charlottesville Tree Commission, Vice Chairman
- Stu-Comm, Inc. (non-profit operator of WNRN &WNRS-FM), Board of Directors Chairman